Operating a fleet can come with its challenges. Depending on your fleet there are a range of different challenges and risks that can come up. The transport and heavy motor vehicle industry covers a range of different businesses. All with their own risks that need to be protected.
By having the right insurance in place, it can help you to reduce the risks and have a plan in place for if something does happen. Transport and commercial fleet insurance policies are there to help you protect your business, staff, and vehicles. This insurance is a must if you are in the industry of providing transport assistance to people, transporting different stock or goods or if you have a few vehicles owned by your company that are used by your employees.
We can assist you in keeping your business growing and your vehicles on the road. By providing you with access to the best Transport Operators and Heavy Motor Vehicle insurances. This insurance is here to help you. To give you peace of mind and help you to keep your business running as effectively as possible.
Want to know more about the different types of insurances and what they have to offer?
What is Transport and Commercial Fleet insurance?
Transport and Fleet insurance is an insurance policy that is put in place to cover the vehicles that are needed operate your business. The insurance covers all vehicles that you name business vehicles. It will cover them for a range of different unfortunate events including theft, damage, or fire.
If your vehicles are essential to the running of your business, then this is an insurance policy that you need to consider having. Without it, there can be large consequences for your business including delays, loss of income and potential closure.
These policies are crucial for businesses that are operating several vehicles. If your business relies on your vehicles being operational and, on the road, – than this insurance is a must for you.
How many vehicles do you have in your business? Do you consider them a fleet? Did you know that more than 2 vehicles in use for business can be classified as a fleet for insurance purposes?
Which businesses can get Transport and Commercial Fleet insurance?
There are a few different businesses that can be covered under the transport and commercial fleet insurance products. If your business operates using heavy motor vehicles or you have a fleet of vehicles within your business, having this insurance in place can help you to get them back on the road in the quickest time possible.
If you are not sure whether your business would qualify for fleet insurance, reach and out speak to one of our team members. We can discuss your business needs and whether the policy is right for you.
Some businesses that can benefit from the insurance include:
- Road Freight transport operators
- Transport support services
- Taxi and Hire Car services
- Charter Bus operators
- Heavy Vehicle Sales and Hire Services
If your business has more than 2 vehicles that help to keep the business operational, you may qualify for transport and commercial fleet insurance.
Our team can help you to determine if this policy is right for you. If you are unsure on whether your business is eligible, give the team a call and let them help you.
Ready to take the next step?
Speak to one of our professional insurance consultants today
Frequently asked Questions about Transport Insurance
What risks do the transport and commercial fleet industry have?
Running any business comes with its risks. There are always potential things that can go wrong. Those in the transport operation, heavy vehicle and commercial fleet industries have several risks that come into play when running their businesses.
Some risks that may arise for those in the commercial fleet industry can include:
- Breakdown of vehicles and transporting machinery – If any of these were to breakdown and not be operational there is not only the costs involved in getting them on the road again, but also the risk of loss of business, damaged stock and staff being out of a job. Getting your vehicles back on the road in the quickest time possible is essential.
- Theft of vehicles or machinery – If any of your vehicles or machinery go missing due to a break in or theft, you can have these covered under your insurance policy. This means that you can claim to not only get a hire vehicle in the meantime but also have your vehicle replaced under the insurance.
- Damage to vehicles and machinery – Even if your vehicle is still operational, damage to it can cause long term effects and cause problems down the track. By having an insurance policy in place, you can account for these damages and make a claim. Rather than living with the damage you can get it fixed without a large out of pocket expense to you and the business.
Having your vehicles off the road can have a significant effect on your business and how it is running. Any prolonged period that your vehicles are not operational can have detrimental effects on your business.
It is important to have a risk management plan in place along with your insurances to ensure that you can continue running or at least get the business moving at part capacity as soon as possible.
What can the insurance cover?
Your Transport Operators and Heavy Motor Vehicle insurance is there to protect your business. When the policy is put together, the details of your business and what you need are considered.
Because of this the insurance can cover a range of different situations and concerns that may arise. The policy is in place to help you to continue to run your business in the most efficient way possible. Depending on the level of cover that you get, you can be covered for:
- Repairs on vehicles or machinery – repairs needed due to accidents or damage that occurred from usage.
- Replacement vehicles or machinery parts – When a certain part of the machinery or vehicle stops working or becomes damaged.
- Loss of income due to not being able to operate – costs associated with loss of sales or paying wages can be covered by your policy.
- Reimbursement of the costs of hiring additional staff – If you need to hire additional staff to assist in the workload due to your machinery or vehicles not being operational this can be covered by your policy.
- Reimbursement of the costs of hiring additional vehicles – If you are required to hire additional vehicles to use in the business whilst yours are non-operational you can claim this through your policy.
- Costs of replacing stock that is lost or damaged – If you have stock that has been damaged in an accident or lost as part of the vehicle being stolen you can claim back the costs of the goods.
When choosing your policy, it is important to understand what is included in the standard policy and what is not covered. There may be things that you want to have covered as part of your insurance, however they may not be standard. There may be optional extras that can be included in your policy that will help assist you to be covered for what you need within your business.
Unsure on how to determine the contents of your insurance policy? Let us help you understand and determine which policy is right for you.
What are the benefits of having Transport Operators and Commercial Fleet insurance?
Having a fleet insurance policy to cover your business vehicles and machinery comes with benefits for both you and your business. A few of the benefits that come with the insurance include:
- The convenience – Having the insurance policy in place that covers all your vehicles in one place means that you are not having to try to find different paperwork each time you have a concern with one of your vehicles. You can easily pull the one policy, and everything is there for you. The convenience of a fleet insurance policy means that you are spending your valuable time doing the things you need within your business and not hours on end looking for all your information.
- Lower costs – When your insurance your fleet vehicles under the one policy you are likely to have yourself a considerable amount of money. Rather than having 5 or 10 different policies, all with their own payments and fees. It is all in the one easy payment.
- Any driver options – there is also the option within the fleet insurance policies to have any driver options. This means that you are not having to insurance a particular vehicle to a particular person. You can have multiple drivers that are all covered if something happens, and a claim needs to be made.
Before signing up for your policy it is important to understand the different types of insurances and the benefits that come with them. The benefits of insurance will outlay the potential of not having a policy in place. By weighing up the pros and cons of the insurance policy before agreeing to anything will help you to make the most informed decision.
What happens when I make a claim?
The claiming process through Phoenix Risk Services is simple and easy. If you need to make a claim, this can be done simply through our website via the following link: https://www.www.phoenixriskservices.com.au/claims
All you need to do is enter all the information you have regarding the incident. From here our team will then be in contact to request any further information (if needed) and then process the claim for you. We want to make thing easy for you and not add on extra stress and concern.
Therefore, our claim process is the way it is, so you don’t have to spend hours on the phone trying to get through to someone to help you. Our team is friendly and helpful and will help you through the steps if you are unsure on what to do next.
Remember, your business, your workspace and your contents matter!
Your work within the transport operators and commercial fleet industries is important. Your business is important and keeping your assets safe and covered is important. By having the correct insurances in place, you can continue to work on your business and in it, without having to worry about what you will do if something goes wrong. Protecting your assets that keep your business running on a day-to-day basis is crucial.
It is important that if you have vehicles or machinery that are at the forefront of your business, you are looking after them and have plans in place for it something does go wrong.
Insurance helps you to have peace of mind, a plan in place and a contingency plan for if you need to have one off the road.
It helps you to be able to quickly sort the issues and get back to business.
Still not sure on whether you need transport operators and heavy motor vehicle insurance in your business? Ask yourself these questions:
- Will your business be able to open tomorrow if your vehicles were non-operational?
- How long could you continue running your business without one or more of your vehicles?
- Would you and your family be able to make ends meet if the business is not running at full capacity?
- Do you have enough funds to purchase new machinery or vehicles outright?
- Will you be able to pay your staff?
- How will your customers feel if they are unable to use your business for a prolonged period?
Look at your answers to the questions. If you are unable to keep your business running and are concerned about how you will be able to recover from having your vehicles non-operational – now is the time to get in touch.
Our team are here to help guide you through the process. To help you understand the different policies available and give you the best advice possible when it comes to choosing what will suit you and your business.
To find out more about which insurances are right for you and your business, get in touch today. We can help you to find the best policies that will give you the protection and peace of mind that you need.
To get in contact, you can message us directly through our website: https://www.www.phoenixriskservices.com.au/contact
Or if you prefer to chat over the phone give us a call on 1300 609 128